Instructor Led, Hands-on Training
At the completion of this training, the employee will be able to “talk through”
and troubleshoot the PLC’s ladder logic using the Logix5000 software in
order to locate a “real” faulty input or output device, replace it, and get the
process back up and running.
It’s all about troubleshooting!
Each participant will wire the actual input and output (I/O) field devices to
The participants actually wire their own PLC Trainer!
- Ethernet communications set up using RSLinx
- Demonstrate the BootP utility using an “out of the box” controller to
set the IP address and the configuration in RSLinx
- Ethernet/IP driver – explain “RSWho views” and RSLinx configuration
- Toggling and Forcing Real and Simulated inputs and outputs
- Timers (TON, TOF, RTO, RTF), Counters (CTU, CTD), One-Shot (ONS)
- Compare blocks (EQU, NEQ, LES, GRT, LEQ, GEQ, LIM), First-Scan (S:FS)
- Math blocks (ADD, SUB, MUL, DIV, CPT), Set Bit Zero/Negative (S:Z, S:N)
- Jump (JMP), Jump to Subroutine (JSR), Master Control Reset (MCR)
- One/two Dimension arrays, Fill File (FLL), Copy File (COP), Average File (AVE)
- Bit-Shift Right/Left (BSR, BSL), First-In-First-Out (FIFO) Load/Unload (FFL, FFU)
- Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) Load/Unload (LFL, LFU), Masked Move (MVM)
- Sequencer Output (SQO) using the Array, Mask, and Output Tables
- Indirect Addressing, Add-On Instructions (AOI)