Safety Relays and Devices Maintenance and Troubleshooting
This course will introduce you to monitoring safety relays and input and output devices used to configure safety systems according to industry standards for functional safety of machinery.
You will have the opportunity for hands-on experience with several of these components, which will help you to learn how they interact in safety systems.
After completing this course, you should be able to maintain and troubleshoot relay-based machine functional safety systems with the following devices:
- Monitoring Safety relays
- Operator interface devices (e-stop pushbutton and grip enabling switch)
- Electromechanical switches (interlock)
- Electronic switches (non-contact RFID interlock)
- Opto-electronic presence sensing devices (light curtain and safety sensor)
- Pressure sensing devices (safety mat)
Who Should Attend
Individuals who maintain and troubleshoot electrical circuits or machine systems and need to learn more about how to apply their skills to relay-based machine functional safety systems should attend this course.
To complete this course successfully, you must have experience:
- Interpreting industrial electrical circuit schematics
- Maintaining industrial electrical circuits or machine systems
COURSE AGENDADay 1
- Identifying Relay-Based Machine Functional Safety Systems and Components
- Maintaining Relay-Based Machine Functional Safety Systems
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults at the Safety Relay
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Wiring in Safety Systems
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for E-Stop Pushbuttons and Grip Enabling Switches
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Interlock and Non-Contact Switches
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Light Curtains and Safety Sensors
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Safety Mats
- Interpreting and Clearing Faults for Safety Outputs
Class begins October, 20 2020
Class begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. Times are approximate. Exact times will be sent in your confirmation email from Rockwell Automation.